“Standardized or forced practices may not help in the study of yoga, and may in fact cause disturbance. The key to right teaching is in the adaptation of yoga to the individual, not the individual to yoga…the whole spectrum of yoga practice must be carefully adapted to the individual’s situation. Nothing can be forced.” ~ T.K.V. Desikachar , The Heart of Yoga
Why take Private Yoga Lessons ?
Private yoga lessons are the most effective form of Yoga, and the quickest way to reach your own goals. Whether you are an athlete or a weekend warrior, or just busy, a private yoga class can help you
- Change musculoskeletal patterns that inhibit the way you move, cause chronic or acute pain/discomfort, and impede injury recover
- Improve posture
- Enhance performance
- Feel peaceful and positive
- Allow you to ask questions and get direct feedback
- Help you learn modifications that you can use to stay safer in group classes
- Use Yoga as it is intended, therapeutically ~ the right practices for you
- Helps you maximize the benefits
Yoga is actually an ancient practice. For centuries Yoga was not taught in group classes, but as a one-on-one practice. The reason you see so many styles of Yoga classes is that there are so many types of people, all with different learning styles, proficiency levels, needs and goals. As our bodies and minds develop and change over time (at different rates!), each person’s Yoga practice needs to respond to those changes to remain effective.
Rana has been teaching private yoga classes for over 20 years. Her insightful and inspired approach is backed by extensive trainings in Yoga, Yoga therapy and manual massage therapies. Contact Rana for details and to schedule your private yoga class