This reminds me of a quote by B.K.S. Iyengar in Light on Life; “when you cannot hold the body still, you cannot hold the brain still, If you do not know the silence of the body, you cannot understand the silence of the mind”
I am not one of those teachers who does headstands everywhere, but I do attempt to bring a calm mind to daily situations. This may be due to my respect for a healthy neck!
Yoga helps cultivate a strong body and calmly positive mind-set, even and especially during tough times…As a yoga therapist I work with your unique body in order to create conditions of comfort.
Most people walk around sleep deprived, with headaches, digestive problems and crankiness…That being said, not all stretching is created equal. Yesterday I spoke about the hamstrings and how you want to learn how to stretch safely in order to prevent injury. Unfortunately, I do get students who are already injured, and then the emphasis is on healing and rehabilitation which is another benefit to a yogatherapy practice.
Want to get started? I have a host of zen ideas for you -you can cultivate calm in my fantastic blend between a yoga session and a massage called Yapana® Stretch One on One. Or ~ check out my meditation tips, some breathing and relaxing tips on my Yoga Mind Cd; I am also available in public yoga classes in Tenafly and available for private yoga classes.
Well friends, this is my first post of 2014. Set yourself up for a terrific year. Near or far, my Yoga Mind CD is portable peacefulness. I am located in Bergen County and have a few public Yoga Classes that you will love – or:
Private Yoga Lessons are the most effective form of Yoga, and the quickest way to reach your own goals. Whether you are an athlete or a weekend warrior, or just busy, a private yoga class can help you:
- Change musculoskeletal patterns that inhibit the way you move, cause chronic or acute pain/discomfort, and impede injury recover
- Improve posture
- Enhance performance
- Feel peaceful and positive
- Allow you to ask questions and get direct feedback
- Help you learn modifications that you can use to stay safer in group classes
- Use Yoga as it is intended, therapeutically ~ the right practices for you
- Helps you maximize the benefits
This infographic brings “taking care of yourself” to a new level. Asana practice is more than physical, and a therapeutic practice will re-balance all systems of the body in addition to promoting strength and flexibility. Consider joining me this weekend for a restorative workshop, or perhaps you will treat yourself to a private yoga class to lead you into a healthier 2014
A therapeutic yoga practice can help! If the class you attend isn’t helping, try private Yoga classes with me.
Break free from musculoskeletal patterns that inhibit the way you move, cause chronic or acute pain/discomfort, and impede injury recovery.
Why private yoga classes?
- The instruction is dedicated only to you and your unique movement patterns.
- You can interact with your teacher so you get instant feedback.
- Private yoga sessions enhance your regular practice, daily activities and/ or other athletic endeavors.
- The Yoga poses, like a prescription for wellness, that you do in a lesson are chosen only for you in that exact moment in time. Your class is completely customized just for you.
- You can ask me questions.
Interested? Contact me to discuss your yoga goals.
“Tension is your body’s way of getting attention” – Mukunda Stiles, Structural Yoga Therapy
What is your tension telling you?
Awakening is an inside job…for some people, simple breathing exercises can make a difference in perception. I heard a sermon today in Temple; we were reminded that many of us awaken with the perception that we don’t have enough (sleep, time, money, etc).Making a switch to abundance consciousness is a conscious process, whether through introspection, self correction, meditation, relaxation, yoga practice…
Mind Cleanse; Try nourishing yourself with supportive practices today.
The benefits of relaxation should not be underestimated.
yoga is not a one size fits all practice, but it is accessible to all
yoga as medicine (there is a whole book on this subject – FYI) = yogatherapy
Yoga therapy to calm the brain and other marvelous benefits:
The Benefits of Child’s Pose:
- Releases tension in the back, shoulders and chest
- Recommended if you have dizziness or fatigue
- Helps alleviate stress and anxiety
- Flexes the body’s internal organs and keeps them supple
- It lengthens and stretches the spine
- Relieves neck and lower back pain when performed with the head and torso supported
- It gently stretches the hips, thighs and ankles
- Normalizes circulation throughout the body
- It stretches muscles, tendons and ligaments in the knee
- Calms the mind and body
- Encourages strong and steady breathing